Argen Robben is a former Dutch professional footballer who played as a winger. He is known for his dribbling skills, speed, ball control, and his long-range shots. He was born on January 23, 1984, in Bedum, Netherlands. He is the son of Hans and Marjo Robben.
Argen has retired from football for the second time at age 37. He first retired in 2019 before reversing the decision to return to his first club. Groningen last season. Injuries and the COVID-19 pandemic marred the winger’s second spell and he announced his decision on Thursday.
Top Facts About The Dutch Legend (Argen Robben)
- Robben is eloquent in English, Spanish, Dutch and German Languages.
- Argen Robben is nicknamed, Man of Glass. This name was given to him by his fans due to his injury record. He is also known as The Flying Dutchman and Boyke.
- One fascinating fact about Argen is that when he was a child, his role model was Romario. He said in an interview that he was a big fan of Romario as, at the time, he was playing in Holland at PSV.
- Robben is one of the fastest players in football. He hit top speed at the 2014 World Cup when he reportedly clocked sprinting at 23miles per hour.
- Robben has consistently improved his game to stay at the top, so it is perhaps no surprise to learn of his relentless power of self-motivation.